Staff from the participating schools received intensive training on the fundamentals of team coaching in the first workshop week and in special sessions during all the workshops. The approaches and methods were tested in action with the students in the workshop activities. During the workshops, career guidance professionals from participating countries shared their expertise on how to provide guidance to students on developing their own career management competencies and how to support students in assessing their personal characteristics and needs, then connecting them with the labour market and education systems. The participating Finnish career councils were also master team coaches.
- Contribution towards enhanced teaching, student learning and enhanced organizational performance
- Promotion of engagement, commitment, respect and dignity for all.
- Allow for freedom of engagement, dialogue, and different voices to be heard.
- Creation of a climate of trust, that lifted people up.
- Coaching transformed the pedagogical relationship between student and teacher, and thus promoted creativity, initiative, and the 21st-century skill set.
- Students developed positive attitudes towards study and work
- Evaluated their own strengths
- Built on their own areas for development
- Engaged in career planning
- Developed their career management, employability and enterprise skills
Students visited enterprises in small teams in participating countries. The visits were carefully planned prior the workshops on the online platforms and during the first days of the workshop week.
- studied the companies´ profile and history
- decided on the focus, purpose and objectives of the visits
- were organized in team roles and
- the different tasks were divided among the members of the team.
A professional entrepreneur coach was involved in the project activities.
Workplace visits focused on:
- Cultivating innovation and promotion of experimentation
- Motivated students
- to gain competencies in their field of vocation
- crystallize the meaning of studies
- created enterprising mindsets and
- help them discover what it is to be an entrepreneur.
Working with fellow European students
- Widened students’ way of seeing the world
- emphasized the importance of education
- introduced welcoming, open and safe environment, where students feel noticed and valued
- built confidence and developed a desire for learning.
Students, teachers, labor market
Developed pathways aiming to equip students with knowledge, skills and understanding of the key competencies required in the labour market.
Digital tools and ICT:
Key element of the project is the Digital Storytelling approach (DST), which has been used as a way to reflect, document and share the workplace visits. DST combined the art of telling stories with a variety of multimedia (images, audio, video).
The use of DST
- gave students a voice
- improved students’ and teachers’ digital literacy
- peer learning sharing
- Cooperation in multicultural context for teachers, students and members of the world of work.
Social media´s role in empowering students and teachers to use new ways of sharing information and building a community
The meaning of Cyberbullying, fake news and copyrights
Long-term results empowered
- Teachers updating ITC and social media knowledge and inspiring coaches
- Students as skilful social media users, being able to answer to the demands of the labor market´s digital demands